Wednesday 17 July 2013

Pacific Rim

Pacific Rim is a highly anticipated movie of giant robots vs giant monsters. When mysterious beings called Kaiju appeared out of the Pacific to wreak havoc, the humans responded with the Jaeger (hunter in German) project – giant robots with a 2 pilot system that uses a neural system to connect the minds of the pilots. I shall not go any further with the plot so as to not spoil the movie for you.











Source: www.hdwallpapers.in

The good:
If you like giant robots fighting giant monsters, then this movie is for you! This movie is packed with awesome CG with near life-like monsters in heated battle with the Jaegers. With plasma canons, punching, slicing and even using a ship as a weapon, the action will definitely not disappoint you. In addition, the ‘physics’ of the movie is well thought out. As the Jaegers are extremely large (as large as the Statue of Liberty), their slow movements gives you the impression of how large they really are. Such minute detail in the movie makes it such a joy to watch!












The bad:
One of the bad points in this movie was the acting. I felt that Mako Mori, played by Rinko Kikuchi did not carry out her role properly. To put it bluntly, her acting was bad. There were also a few logical errors but I will not discuss about it as I do not want to ruin the movie for you.











The verdict:
If you are a fan of the mecha genre and want to watch top-notch CG, this movie is definitely for you. Though it has some bad acting and logic errors, if you can get past that, you will most probably enjoy this movie.
So what are you waiting for? Go out and ‘jio’ your friends to watch this movie! 

5 comments:

  1. Awesome movie! I love the CG :DDDD XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, I really found Mako's acting horrible. The young girl that acted as Mako when she was young had way better acting than her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous HAHA :D I hope you enjoyed the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for introducing me this movie! I jioed my friends and we really enjoyed it! There was so much action going on!

    ReplyDelete